Sunday 9 June 2013

WARNING! BAD WEEK COMING?

The item on front number plates may be about the Victorian Government's plan to put road safety slogans on car number plates.

I got the info out as soon as I've confirmed it. Still nothing on the PIMSS recommendations.

FRONT NUMBER PLATES AGAIN!
PARLIAMENTARY INQUIRY RECOMMENDATIONS RESPONSE
NOT OPEN TO STAKEHOLDERS?


Luke A Donnellan MP
Shadow Minister for Roads and the TAC.

G'day Luke.

I rang Jude's (Perera MP) office and some Liberal people but no one knows anything about  any  announcement  regarding  the  government's position on the PIMSS  recommendations.  

www.parliament.vic.gov.au/rsc/inquiries/article/1409

As  you  know they have to do something  next week. Something must be in the works somewhere. It beggars belief that nothing is planned and that stakeholder groups are not informed.

I  think  the  government's  spin  doctors are paranoid about negative publicity after Ted Baillieu MP resigned as Premier, probably well before that too.

I  think  VicRoads/TAC/Police  are  playing  one stakeholder group off against  another  to advance their own agendas and they definitely do not want a lot of the PIMSS recommendations.

We already know that VicRoads dominates Victoria's Motorcycle Advisory Group and secrecy is a top priority. They have made it very clear that some stakeholder groups are black listed.

TAC too. TAC holds meetings where only selected people are allowed in. I know. I have been told to leave one meeting this year, not because I could  not  make a valid contribution, because my contribution was not what  they  wanted  to  hear.  I  was not on their invite list for the second half of the meeting and was told to leave.

Anyway,  I  think  the  PIMSS announcement will be made next week with "tame"  stakeholders.  I  think  it  will  be  kept  as low profile as possible because I think the response to the  PIMSS recommendations is going to be a very serious disappointment to the  motorcycle & scooter community. I hope I wrong.

Please see if you can get a straight answer on the PIMSS  announcement from Minister Mulder when you see him next.

terence.mulder@parliament.vic.gov.au

Damien Codognotto OAM
Independent Riders' Group
Melbourne

***********************************************

Dear Damien, 

they are doing a release on number plates today (motor
vehicles) so I have a feeling it may be a road safety week theme. 

I will keep asking around but your comments on the government being paranoid are spot on. 

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment