|Roberto Colanzi. The Mayor of the City of Yarra.|
Roberto Colanzi is the Mayor of the City of Yarra. He is pictured on the header discussing the 2016 TOY RUN for FATHER BOB with Heather Ellis (UBUNTU) and Damien and Bernie at the Richmond Town Hall. Roberto attended the launch of Heather's book, UBUNTU.
If you live in the City of Yarra please consider supporting the candidate, Roberto, who actively supports motorcycle & scooter riders activities in his city.
I am running for re-election to City of Yarra Council.
At some time over the past four years, we have communicated over one or more issues of importance to you.
I am writing to seek consideration for your vote, to continue to
represent the people of Nicholls ward (Fitzroy, Collingwood, Princess Hill, North Fitzroy, and North Carlton).
Over the last four years I have fought hard for:
· In my first 2 years on Council saw in the process to plan and
build the North Fitzroy library & community hub, which the community for 30 years has been calling on Council to undertake
· Worked with both private & not for profit providers to
increase the number of places available in childcare facilities. A
project of note was the opening of a bilingual language kindergarten in North Fitzroy
· Saw in strong responses to New Year’s Eve celebrations,
especially in Edinburgh Gardens
· Maintained a strong position against developer construction
encroachment in public parks and open spaces
· Supported the overwhelming community position to see no harm to the environmentally sensitive Rushall Reserve in North Fitzroy
· Opposed many high rise building planning applications across the city, and
· Supported strong and robust financial management of Council’s budget.
I was also appointed to the Local Government Minister’s Mayoral Advisory Panel, and was elected to the mayoralty last year, unanimously and unopposed by my eight fellow councillors.
In the next four year term of Council, I will take a leading position to
ensure the following strategies and policies are introduced:
· Preserve and plan for more public parks and open space
· Preserve existing public parks and gardens, such as Edinburgh Gardens (North Fitzroy), Rushall Reserve, (North Fitzroy) Darling Gardens (Clifton Hill) and other locations
· Support more not-for-profit and public child care facilities
· Support best practice and provision of aged care facilities,
especially for our most vulnerable
· Advocate for improved linear and radial buses services in and across Yarra
· Work for an indoor sports stadium for basketball, netball,
badminton and other sports uses
· Advocate for harsher penalties of taggers and graffiti vandals
· Reduce dog and cat permit fees and charges
· Better environmental sustainable design for commercial
buildings, leading to zero greenhouse gas emission buildings
· Improve sports infrastructure for women and girls, such as
change rooms and netball courts
· Advocate for increased public and social housing as a key
condition of any high density residential development
· Institute participatory and community led democracy forums in Council’s strategy and policy decisions, such as annual budget
· Maintain low fees, charges, and rates
· Advocate for heritage and planning controls for the Yarra
· Encourage installation of ‘micro-grid’ energy systems, and
make such measures a planning (zoning) requirement
· Promote energy upgrade agreements, and encourage take up of energy performance contracts and similar in Yarra’s commercial sector to reduce GHG emissions
If you are already planning to vote for me on 22^nd October, thank you.
If you would like more information about me, you can find out more here:
· Website: http://robertocolanzi.blogspot.com.au/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertocolanzi
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roberto_colanzi/
· Details on my role as Councillor and Mayor is available at
If you are able to help out with my campaign, please let me know. There are different ways to help: door knocking; putting up a poster in your window or garden; handing out how to vote cards on the day or during pre-polling.
I am also running a crowd funding campaign through
https://www.gofundme.com/roberto4yarraSmall amounts are greatly
appreciated and you can donate anonymously.
Thank you for your consideration.
Candidate for Yarra Council
Councillor since October 2012; Current Mayor
Authorised: Mr Barry Pullen, 177 McKean St, North Fitzroy, 3068
Roberto was first elected to Council as a representative of Nicholls Ward - which takes in North Carlton, North Fitzroy, Princes Hill, and parts of Fitzroy, Clifton Hill and Collingwood) - on 27 October 2012.
ROBERTOCOLANZI.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY ROBERTO COLANZI
|Heather Ellis (UBUNTU), Mayor Roberto Colanzi, Damien Codognotto and Bernie Bickerton discuss the 2016 TOY RUN at the Richmond Town Hall.|