Saturday 17 November 2012

ANTI BIKIE LAW 5



A letter to the Premier of Victoria, The Hon Ted Baillieu MP. 

Have you sent a letter yet. Here's the email addresses:

ted.baillieu@parliament.vic.gov.au

and CC it to the Leader of the Opposition, The Hon Daniel Andrews MP

daniel.andrews@parliament.voc.gov.au

If you want me to run it on this blog (with or without ID) to encourage others to use our democratic system CC it to me too:

d.codognotto.oam@bigpond.com

The old saying "if you don't use it you'll lose it" applies very much to democracy.

Premier Baillieu,

I am writing to strongly object to the proposed anti-association bill. 

As a law abiding citizen I find it objectionable that people should be considered guilty by association when they have not broken any laws. I also find it offensive that a minority group should be singled out for such attention. If an ethnic group were persecuted in such a way there would be an outrage, so how is this different? Criminal activities occur through all people groups, not just so-called "bikies". 

I ride and know many people who ride. I find them caring and passionate people with a common interest. They have a genuine concern for family and disadvantaged children. This is not a "face" that they put on. It's not a once a year event they tag along to. It is a year round involvement. 

I have in the past spoken to people who belong to so called "outlaw motorcycle gangs." Does that make me a criminal? Are you going to arrest and incarcerate a grandmother who is heavily involved in her church and community and an Executive Officer in her Country Women's Association branch? Just because she speaks with someone who rides a motorcycle and belongs to a club?

I understand that criminals must face the due process of the law, but please! do not blacken the name of innocent people because they belong to or associate with a particular minority group. 

With regards,

Name withheld by request.
Victoria.


No comments:

Post a Comment