Friday 4 November 2016

MY OLD BEEMER

This R65 gave me many years of good service both as a tourer and as a courier/work bike. The Garner's  put the sticker on the back when it  was in their North Melbourne workshop for a service. It spoke true so I kept it and made sure the photo was archived. I rode it till it began to fall apart.

One day, as I was outbound on Cotham Road, a bit past Genazzano, there was a loud bang! I thought a car had backfired, There was a clattering. My muffler passed me heading down the hill faster than I was. I thought time to die old girl. But then ... nah. A bloke in Moorabbin welded on a couple of racing cans someone else threw out. The R65 went  on for 11 registrations, loud and proud.

It's not waht you ride, it's that you ride.

Damien
IRG


No comments:

Post a Comment